So I was looking around the kitchen for dinner and saw a few leftovers that I could pull together into something.
1) I started off heating olive oil on medium heat. Once is shimmers, I add half of an onion that was in the refrigerator. Add salt and pepper to season.
2) After the onions have softened, add the rice and stir until the oil is absorbed. About 5 minutes.
3) Once the oil has been absorbed, add enough broth to cover the rice. Stir to incorporate.
4) Cook until absorbed and stir often. I added a tablespoon each of curry powder and turmeric. I like things spicy!
5) After the broth has been absorbed add more to cover the rice, stir to incorporate and then cover the pan and turn to low.
6) Once the broth has been absorbed its ready. You can add meat or broccoli and cauliflower, if you wish.
And if I had a piece of naan bread it would be perfect but I am in for the night!
Musa Veluntina : pink banana
Chinese Banana: Musella Lasiocarpa
Incrediball Hydrangea is living up to its name!
Warm Vanilla Sugar
The cool thing about working part time at a bookstore is that…well, you get to see all the new books that come out! You can talk to customers about good books they’ve read and skim through books from all different genres in hopes to find a new and fun read.
Recently this 50 Shades of Grey trilogy has blown up. Gone crazy. Made people mad excited. It’s cool, I get it, and since these books are my store’s biggest seller by far, I knew I had to read it. So, I did…and the book had me hooked.
It’s weird, the entire story is unbelievable, the writing is bad, the male character is seriously messed up and into painful sex, but there I was….reading my sexy book in the park while sipping iced tea, in bed at night while my boyfriend made fun of me, and in between baking times while…
View original post 503 more words