Re-blogging because….you know… its blueberry season!!
I found myself Thursday walking around the NC Farmer’s Market in Raleigh. I was amazed the market was just as packed and busy as if it was a weekend.
Luckily, Blueberry season is in and it gave me an idea! I had purchased a box of fruit pectin on a whim of making strawberry jam but never got around to it during the season. Blueberries would make a fine jam, too. Two pints of organic blueberries were $5.00 so it sounded like a good idea and I have never made jam before. It was an amazingly quick process!
1) Wash the Blueberries and remove any stems.
2) Mash the Blueberries with a potato masher. I left some whole.
3) Add the sugar, mix well and allow them to sit for half-an-hour to overnight.
4) In the meantime, add the fruit pectin to water and bring it to a boil.
5) Boil for about half an hour, stirring…
View original post 105 more words