When I purchased new cookware last Fall the set included an egg poacher. I have always liked the idea of poached eggs. It seems healthier than frying and easier to eat than a boiled egg. It’s very easy with a poacher.
The poacher sits on top of the pan of boiling water and is removable so the poached eggs are easy removed.
1) Fill the saucepan with an inch or two of water.
2) Fit the egg cups in the poacher which has been cleaned. Grease the cups with a little butter so the eggs will slide out easily.
3) Crack the eggs into the cups. If you are not using all the cups fill the empty cups half way with water.
4) Bring the water to a boil then turn down just a bit. Cook 2 to 4 minutes. Two minutes will produce a soft yoke while four minutes will produce a hard yoke.
5) To remove the eggs, invert the cup onto a paper towel and tap the cup until the egg falls out.
Server with Hollandaise sauce or hot sauce, or the Southern condiment of choice – ketchup!
Aren’t Gus’s legs cute?