I remember back in college at East Carolina University I would stop by The Wright Place on my way to class in the mornings to get banana bread and a chai. I have been making my own banana bread since then.
This recipe I found is, like it’s name suggest, the best ever banana bread!
Best Ever Banana Bread
Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately then combine.
Cook for about an hour and twenty minutes or until done in a 325f oven.
This banana bread usually will not last around the house more than a few days because it’s that good! I often will heat it in the microwave for about 30 seconds if I want a warm and quick breakfast.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray one 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
- Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
- Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Below is a link: