Zucchini squash are everywhere now. They also are called courgettes in Europe as my many English cookbooks remind me. The Zucchini or courgette is a summer squash which can reach nearly 18 inches in length. I prefer the smaller ones although the larges courgettes are best to make fritters!
Zucchini Fritters and yogurt and sour cream dip
1 large zucchini or several small – enough to make about 2 cups graded
1 garlic clove minced
A handful of snipped chives – about two table spoons
2 eggs- beaten
2 tablespoons flour
1) Grade the zucchini onto several layers of paper towels
2) Place a paper towel on top of the graded zucchini and roll it tightly and applying pressure to squeeze out the moisture. Place a heavy plate or pot on top to help squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
3) Let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes to remove as much moisture.
4) Place the drained zucchini in a mixing bowl and snip in several tablespoons of chives or scallions.
7) Beat the eggs and add to the zucchini mixture.